First things to know and see in Singapore
- Travel Insurance The First important is to obtain a Travel insurance. If you are travelling along look for a good travel insurance cover that has most things covered like Medical insurance, sporting injuries, Contents insurance, Delay and cancellations. Compare as many insurances plans to get the right policy for you and your family. Even though if you are visitor, student, Business traveler, Tour Travels either you take a flight or a cruise. Take sometime to decide the best plans. Ask your Travel insurance company whether these much covers in the plan you choose.
- Plan your visit If you travel the first time to that Country. Its better to take sometime to know what are the places you have to visit for the first time . Even though its not possible to cover the entire places, its best to visit the most famous places, ancient places in and around, Museums, parks, beach, restaurants to dine.Always best to plan your visit. Visit yourSingapore . Singapore Airlines is the best airlines to travel to Singapore from your home. The experience with Singapore Airlines makes you comfort,fresh and good to know around the places in the Changi Airport prior to your arrival.
- First Time Visitor If you are travelling for the first time either as a transit having more than five hours at the Singapore Airport -Changi Airport. You can have a walk at Butterfly garden, surf the internet ,you can also use skype using wi-fi, Massage chair is also available, TV Lounge. you can also book a free city tour. To know more about that visit Changiairport
- Packing Packing is always everybody loves when we are going out for a tour, business trip. It is always best to carry a shoulder bag with bottle of water where ever we go out. To wear sunglasses in order to protect our eyes. Check twice what have you packed before you travel from your home.
- Visit the Sri Mariamman Temple Sri Mariamman Temple is Singapore's oldest Hindu temple located in China Town. Sri Mariamman Temple is build with Dravidian style. Gopuram is the first you have to take a look at sculptures before going around the compound. Usually either in the month of October or November is the festive season during the Deepavali festival.
Sri Mariamman Temple, Singapore
- National Museum of Singapore The Galleries are free to visit. There are a lot of exhibitions available at the National Museum of Singapore. For important dates and for the latest updates it always good to check their website at http://www.nationalmuseum.sg.
National Museum of Singapore
- Bukit Brown Cemetery Bukit Brown was the Singapore's largest Chinese cemetery established in early 20th century.Now its birding and wildlife spot and also now its been the heritage site. you can walk around tours of cemetery. Need to check for the dates also.Its always good to check for the dates and events. Visit Bukit Brown So many activist groups have created Facebook/bukitbrown.
Bukit Brown Cemetery,Singapore Southern Ridges,Singapore Southern Ridges,Singapore
- Singapore Symphony Orchestra. SSO is a 96 member Singapore Symphony Orchestra. SSO performances free concerts at Singapore Botanic Gardens and the Singapore Racecourse. For the Concert Calendar dates it is good check their website at Singapore Symphony Orchestra .Visit them on Visit them on Facebook/Singapore symphony Orchestra
- Fort Canning Park Fort Canning park bounded by the Hill street, clemenceau Avenue and river valley. It is located on a hill. One of the Historic Land places of Singapore.It was once the center for British Administration. Founded Sir Stamford Raffles, first Botanical Garden. You will be in such a interested if you just take a look inside this Fort canning Park. Visit their website for updates Fort Canning Park
Fort Canning Park,Singapore
- Esplanade Theatres Esplanade Theatres centre for performing arts for Singapore. It has got Music festivals, also hosts free short films. It is been located near the mouth of the Singapore River. The Jendela gallery is the most interesting part to have a look. Visit their website Esplanade to know the latest updates.
- East Coast Park The East Coast Park is 185 hectare, largest park in Singapore with 15 km Stretch of man-made beach and you can also swim.BBQ Pits are available and even you can camp here. Visit their website East Coast Park for latest updates.
East Coast Park
- Gillman Barracks Gillman Barracks is the latest centre for creation and greatest discussion for contemporary arts. The Art Gallery is also famous for Singapore's Fost Gallery,Sundaram Tagore(NYC), SHANGHART(Shangahi). Visit their website Gillman Barracks for the latest updates and their facebook/gillman.barracks
- MacRitche Reservoir's Treetop Walk MacRitche Reservoir's Treetop Walk Singapore is the gateway to the nature reserves. It is a great place to walk around for the people want to exercise in the morning and evening walks.It is also a great place to stroll along the waters edge. It is also a 8km round trip hike till to the Treetop walk.This is one of the long hiking routes in MacRitche that will bring in to a forest. Visit their website TreeTop Walk for the latest updates.